Specific Details about Pieceful Journey Block of the Month Program-
- This program uses Fat Quarters, Fat Eighths, 10” sq., 8” sq., 6” sq. or 5” sq. in the monthly kits.
The smaller amounts can easily be cut from fabric that is at least 40” wide. The Block of the Month is written using a color scheme that is the same as the quilt shown on the pattern cover. The quilt is 83” square and has 12 pieced blocks and a pieced center medallion. The blocks finish at 9” square and the center block finishes at 18” square.
- This is a 12 Month program. Month 1 includes the entire center medallion as well as the sawtooth and plain borders. Month 5 includes the 4 corner blocks that are one design. Months 11 and 12 are the finishing instructions, including directions for the pieced zigzag border.
- In Month 1, participants will receive a pattern bag along with a pattern cover (photograph of the quilt), a grayscale layout of the quilt and a 6-page general instruction packet which includes directions for several methods of making the components used in all of the blocks- half-square triangles, quarter-square triangles, flying geese and square in a square.
- Each month, participants will receive kit yardage information, general information, tips and a 2-page (at least) instruction for piecing the block. The instructions include detailed illustrations and pressing diagrams.
- The Shop Copy includes information to kit each month, a fabric cutting chart and a Quick yardage chart for multiple participants. This is only available with the minimum purchase of 10 BOTM patterns. An organized notebook with all the information is included. This is only available through the designer.
- A minimum purchase of 10 BOTM patterns is required for the first order. Additional patterns may be ordered in any amount for participants joining the program late.
- If shops are considering the BOTM, individual patterns are available. The BOTM program pattern is not for sale individually, nor the shop copy. There is a difference between individual patterns and program patterns. The program patterns include monthly kit and general information, block diagram and detailed sewing and pressing directions, as well as shop information for kitting the blocks.
- Cost of shipping is the responsibility of the shop placing an order. The Shop copy and all patterns will be shipped together in the initial shipment. Each of the pattern components are packaged separately- Month 1 in one bag, Month 2 in another bag, etc.
For more information and pricing--
Contact: Pam McMahon